Los Jabalies Single Vineyard Malbec

Los Jabalies Single Vineyard Malbec

  • San Pablo, Valle de Uco, 
  • Mendoza, 
  • argentina

In the remote upper reaches of Argentina's Valle de Uco on the eastern slopes of the Andes, Bodegas Salentein produces a remarkable collection of wines from vineyards planted at some of the highest elevations on the planet. From this lofty outpost, 65 miles south of the bustling city of Mendoza, Argentina's winemaking capital, Bodegas Salentein has forged an international reputation for its fine wines. Malbec grapes were sourced from Salentein's Los Jabalies vineyard, named for the wild boars that inhabit the area, situated at an elevation of 4,600 feet above sea level in the San Pablo GI of the Valle de Uco.


The grapes were sourced from Los Jabalies vineyard, situated at 4,600 feet asl in the San Pablo GI of the Uco Valley. The climate is is cool with a wide thermal amplitude and high humidity. The 16 inches layer of alluvial/fluvial soil is loamy-sandy, rocky and rich in calcium carbonate. The vineyard is sustainably managed.

Winemaking & Aging

Grapes were handpicked and transported in 400-kg plastic bins. Bunches were then selected and de-stemmed. For fermentation, 65% of the grapes were transferred to 225 litre oak barrels, and the other 35% were transferred to stainless steel tanks. Cold maceration was performed at 50-54°F. Selected yeasts were used for fermentation that was temperature controlled at 82-86°F. Punch down was implemented as well as controlled introduction of macro oxygenation in the barrels, and pumping over and rack and return for the tanks. The wine was racked and transferred to French oak barrels for malolactic fermentation. The total maceration period was approximately 25-28 days and the wine was barrel-aged for 16 months.

Tasting Notes

Dark red with purple hues. Expressively aromatic, with notes of wildflowers, anise and cloves. Juicy, fresh and vibrant in the mouth, with notes of graphite.


San Pablo, Valle de Uco

grape varieties

100% Malbec



technical details
  • ABV: 14.50%
  • TA: 6 g/l
  • RS: 2 g/l
  • Ph: 3.75
  • Closure: Cork
  • Vegan

Jose Galante/Jore Cabeza

Bodegas Salentein

Exploring the Full Range of High-Quality Bodegas Salentein Wines

Los Jabalies Single Vineyard Malbec Los Jabalies Single Vineyard Malbec

Our Wines

Hand-selected, exceptional wines that deliver quality and enjoyment at every level.

Our Spirits

A distinctive selection of artisanal spirits that inspire creativity and exploration.

Our latest Notes

From the PBI Journal