click & drag to rotate
Santa Rita
120 Chardonnay
RegionCentral Valley
Grape Varieties100% Chardonnay
Technical sheet
Multimedia Downloads
  • 87 Points
    Wine Enthusiast November 2017
DescriptionSanta Rita's internationally popular, best-selling 120 Series of varietal wines recalls the heroes of a pivotal event in Chile's successful 19th century struggle to overthrow Spanish rule: in the early 1800's, Doña Paula Jaraquemada, then-proprietor of the Santa Rita manor house and estate near Santiago, famously gave refuge to 120 Chilean patriots in the cellars of her property. When a brigade of Spanish soldiers arrived at the expansive one-story ranch house in search of the rebels, the feisty matriarch stated she would rather see the Spanish burn the property to the ground with her inside then let them step foot into her family home. Thus, it was that band of 120 men who lived on to fight another day, and the dwelling, now site of Santa Rita's highly acclaimed Doña Paula Restaurant, occupies a unique place in Chilean national history.
VinificationGrapes are de-stemmed and pressed. 90% of the juice is fermented in stainless steel and the remaining 10% in oak barrels.
ColorPale gold.
NoseBursting with aromas of luscious tropical fruit, fresh green apples and a zesty note of orange peel.
PalateSilky, fruity and refreshing. Medium-bodied and round.
AnalysisAlcohol: 13.5 %pH: 3.39TA: 5.65 g/L
Bottle size
750 ml, 187 ml
Serving SuggestionsPerfect as an aperitif or with steamed or sautéed fish and shellfish, white meats, and salads with creamy dressings.