The vision of Bodegas Salentein is to make world-class Argentine wines, with a commitment to living in harmony with the community and environment of the Uco Valley. The winery has issued strict green initiatives to preserve the native fauna & flora and foster sustainable wine growing.
- The management of vegetation through sustainable viticulture, striving for natural balance in the ecosystem.
- Usage of native flora as cover crops.
- The return all organic waste matter to the land as compost to be used as natural fertilizer.
- The constant measurement and management of carbon and water footprint.
- The development of a proprietary yeast for fermentation.
- Generating compost according to soil needs.
- The reduction of energy consumption through efficiency planning and education.
Current initiatives & achievements include
Carbon Footprint Management