Portillo was the first Argentine wine brand to obtain a certification given by The Carbon Trust, an international leader in carbon reduction. ISO 14001: 2004 (Environmental Management System) certified in December 2011. Here are some of our green initiates:
- Maximum water conservation through drip irrigation.
- Avoidance of pesticides and herbicides.
- The management of vegetation through sustainable viticulture.
- Usage of native flora as cover crops.
- Returning all organic waste matter to the land as compost to be used as natural fertilizers.
- Constant measurement and management of carbon and water footprint.
- The developed of proprietary yeast for fermentation.
- Generating composts according to soil needs.
- The reduction of energy consumption through efficiency planning and education.
- Use of recycled materials for wine bottles and packaging.
Current initiatives & achievements include
Carbon Footprint Management