Spiced Rhubarb Collins Cocktail
- 2 oz. Darnley's Spiced Gin
- 2 oz. rhubarb simple syrup
- 1 oz. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1-2 oz. club soda, chilled
- a few strips of shaved rhubarb
Rhubarb Simple Syrup
- 1 stalk, (plus one additional stalk for shaving) rhubarb, trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
Directions for Rhubarb Simple Syrup
- First, use a vegetable peeler to shave a few strips of the rhubarb for garnish. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, water and rhubarb. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring often, until the rhubarb is softened and the syrup begains to thicken.
- Strain the mixture though a fine-mesh sieve, pressing with a rubber spatula to release all the liquid. Let the mixture cool to room temperature. Pour into an airtight container and store in refrigerator.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the gin, rhubarb simple syrup, and lime juice. Shake. Strain into a cocktail glass filled with ice. Splash with club soda. Garnish with 1 strip or two shavings of rhubarb.
Credit: The Beach House Kitchen